Wednesday, March 2, 2011

At the Cabin, Puppies, and Rash Update

We had a great time at mom's house over President's day weekend. Kory and Kellen went to the cabin with Dad and Robert. As you can see from the photo they had a great time. Kellen got to sled behind the snowmobile, and down the road to the cabin. Kory also built him a little snow cave. Inside the cabin he got to watch Peter Pan, and eat whatever he wanted. The kid is a bottomless pit.
Pinkie was tickled to get to play with the puppies several time. She cried when she thought she might not get to see them again. When the puppies would bite her hand she would scream "Ouch!" with the hugest smile on her face.

When we got home from mom's house, I about had a breakdown over Grant's rash. I finally decided to buck up and do the allergy elimination diet: no wheat, dairy, peanuts, soy, eggs, fish. That pretty much leaves, fruits and vegetables, meat, and rice. After one day there was significant improvement. The next day we had sweet pork salad for dinner. I fed Gman some rice and beans from my salad. The next morning the rash was bad again. We decided it was the beans, so now I am not eating beans either. (I can eat green beans, not the other type.) Since then we have seen some improvement each day. It is so nice to get some relief, but now we need to decide what to do next. I am not sure how long I can last on this diet, and Grant is close approaching his first birthday when I would wean him anyway.

If anyone has any dairy/gluten/bean/egg/soy/peanut/fish free dinner ideas please let me know.

In other news....Kellen was sick for most of last week. Puking and diarreha for five days! I though he would wither away into nothing since he wouldn't even eat. Finally on Monday he was better.

Also, Kiran is turning 8 in September and is super excited to get baptized. With General Conference the first week of October, her baptism will be the last Saturday in September. We would love to have anyone there that can come.

No comments:

Post a Comment