Friday, July 22, 2011

I love animals.

Before I get to the point of this post, I just noticed that the ticker was still up counting down to Porter's arrival. He still had two days to go! Funny. Obv I removed it. We need something else to count down to I guess. 

I can't find my camera cord to show you pictures of our trip to Waterton. I'll find it soon, but what really matters is this awesomesauce video of me spinning a squirrel off of a tennis racquet. I know, I know... it's cruel. But you wouldn't believe how many ground squirrels there are at the campground and how UNafraid they are of people. It's maddening. The Steele's have a history with squirrels. Several years ago they were scooping them up with their bare hands and throwing them at each other. I know, insane. Dov (seen in the video with me) actually got bit while posing for a picture holding a squirrel. Last year, they built a trap with a stick and a string holding a box up. The squirrel was lured in with bait and when the stick was pulled the box went running across the grass. Hilarious. I may or may not be ashamed to admit that the tennis racquet launching was my idea. 



Brooks launched a squirrel really high and really sideways to the point that it landed on our windshield. Don't worry, it didn't die. In fact, it ran off and likely came back for more bait. Crazy.

So, remember that I still love animals and that this video should never be leaked to PETA. Gracias.



No comments:

Post a Comment