Thursday, May 5, 2011




Today while Blake and Todd were working on the kitchen floor (see the Pic)
Todd goes out to the driveway to cut a piece flooring,when he comes in he says
that there is sure a lot of bees by the tramp. He wasn't kidding. Sometime around 1 pm
a zillion bees showed up, also a police officer. I guess these bees had been at the school and decided to make a swarm underneath our trampoline. So, I in my infinite wisdom, call the extension office and boy were they excited. They told me not to let anyone bother them and they would be over to get them. By now there are 3 policemen and numerous neighbors and the elementary school principal all here watching this clump of bees.
After about an hour an interesting looking man shows up, puts one of those boxes that bees live in, puts on one of those face over things and then.........with his bare hands, drops that clump of bees into the box. He then tells us that they all won't go in the box for a while and that he would come back later. He also gave us a little lesson on bees. Ask me about it sometime. Needless to say, our house was the hot spot or should I say a beehive of activity today (he, he, he).

1 comment:

  1. Yikes. Pretty sure I would have freaked out about the bees. But awesome kitchen floor! Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete